Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Proof I'm a crazy biologist

Here you go. Pictures, as proof that I occasionally still get to do muddy work in biology. Most of the time these days is in the office, but every once in awhile I get out.



Me, in the muddy Delta: I'm looking at a plant I didn't know. Still don't know it, and its bugging me!

Remember the stream I told you I had trouble getting out of b/c of the rain and the clay banks? Here it is. See that, banks 2x my height, and wet clay, with wading shoes on. NOT FUN! Yes, Ben does have a machete. Yes, we do use those a lot. But not usually IN the stream, unless there is a particularly nasty cottonmouth that won't leave. Me, I have a much more benign piece of field gear, the turbidity meter.



This is what 3 days sampling in the delta turns you into...
Or maybe thats what biologists look like all the time, I dunno, jury is still out on that one.
He's examining a green treefrog, which if you follow my blog, you might remember is one we have taught the girls......


No comments: