Saturday, October 4, 2008

Inspiring funeral

Yes, I realize inspiring funeral is somewhat of an oxymoron. So maybe I should say inspring "celebration of life".

We went to the coworkers funeral I blogged about earlier on Thursday. It was so beautiful, inspiring and moving. He was chairmen of of the Elders of a large church here in the metro, so about 2500 or so people were there, if I estimated the size of the sactuary correctly. The preacher talked about how people are pebbles, and when dropped into the water, the rings that go out from there can touch a vast number of people. We watched a video the family taped, which really portrayed his love for God and his family. Then they allowed people from the audience to come up and talk about how he had touched them. It was people literally from all over the state, that knew him now, or years ago, and heard he had passed. The preacher said "A great man in the kingdom has fallen" quoting David with Jonathan died. After everyone who wanted to spoke, the preacher did a short message about legacy, and life, and read a letter from the man written to his son 14 years ago. It was so beautiful! After Amazing Grace (My Chains are gone) we went outside for his military honors. We had about 20-30 people go from work I guess. I heard many people from work talking about how it inspired them to be better people.

It was very moving.

No comments: