Saturday, October 25, 2008

8-0!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ok, so may I was pouting in the first half, because the Tide was NOT playing well. If you've followed our season (and if you haven't, something is WRONG with you, because they are only the best team EVER), you'll know that we've been doing great in the 1st half, and stinkin' up the 3rd quarter and usually part of the 4th. So not doing well in first half, really really bothered me. Because I could SOO see our first stinkin' loss to TN, who has been stinking it up this year. And never mind that I would never hear the end of it because the one flaw my hubby has is being a DIEHARD UT fan. Yes, we do watch the game together, but can't sit on the same side of the room. :-)

Though he will probably NEVER admit it in public, today before the game, he said it would be best for UA to win, (yeah!) because and I quote. "I'm an SEC fan, and they are the best shot for a National Title this year". To which I said, yeah, um, I'm an ALABAMA fan, and if the situation were reversed, bet your sweet tootie I would not say that. Then I went a little further and said, well, actually, if it were #2 LSU vs UA, I wouldn't say that. That would be more realistic anyway. Yes, the teasing started early. He let it slide. But them reminded me that UT did play in the championship last year. Anyway, I digress...

Fastforward to 2nd half, 'Bama looked better!! And won with a decent score. To bad they didn't slobber knock 'em b/c TX barely beat their opponent, and a slobber-knockin' might have changed up the BCS. Doubltful though, b/c they played #6 I think, and UT was unranked. SEC never gets any love anyway from the national folks. Even though the last two championships belong to the best conference on the planet.

Case in point, ESPN just said that Penn State would end up with the Championship this year!!

No comments: