Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Dentist, and Gods Provision

The first of this month, I took Punkin to visit the dentist for the first time. She was SUCH a big girl! Of course she had to wear a dress...would mine wear anything else? She did everything they asked her to do. We found out she had an abcess...she hadn't even been complaining (she may be girlie, but she's tuff stuff apparently). So they referred us to a ped dentist, because Dr Rushing thought she would need to be sedated. So....

Off to the pediatric dentist we go, on Wed August 6th. Found out our dental wouldn't pay them anything, even though it was a referral. Uggh! Got the treatment plan, and total cost. YOWZA! $1100!! She needed two teeth pulled, and space maintainers to help her 6 year molars and other adult teeth come in straight, which will save big bucks later. (for those of you who dont know, we've been taking care of my mom since June, including some of her bills, our new dog has heartworms, and Punkin starts preschool next month). Needless to say, I dont have $1100 lying around. AND we have to have $300 to even make the appointment!

So we come home, and I tell Darlin'. He says hmm. Guess we'd better ask God for some help.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE how God provided for this,not only that, but that you knew it was from him and gave him the glory. Was that your praise report that was read Wednesday night?

Valerie said...

Yep, it was!