Friday, August 22, 2008

Remember those narrowmouth toads?

That I mentioned in the last blog? Well, I think they laid eggs in the puddle near our mail box. I found them this morning. Since I'm not a frogologist, I'm not SURE they're are NMT, but I think they are. I looked them up on the web today, and the description matched. Anyway, we were leaving for work, and I stopped to put a something in the mail. I noticed the eggs, and sent darlin' back in the house for a plastic container.

I know you are thinkin' oh no, she didn't? Yup, I did. While he was gone I took off my shoes and socks, and rolled up my pants. He came back with requested bowl, and I waded into the mud and scooped up a clutch of eggs. Brought them in the house and then went to work.

WHY? Because they are cool thats why. And if they really are narrow mouth toad, we'll have tadpoles by Sunday. Which the kids will get a big kick out of. Besides, it was a rain puddle, and while I know we are going to get more rain this weekend from Fay, there is no way these little eggs would have survived. (I was right too, because when we got home from work, the eggs were all gone. I guess birds got them today)

So here they are:

I'll keep y'all posted on how egg hatching goes. I KNOW you are just dying to find out!

No comments: