Not a bobcat, or a tasmanian devil.
Friday night, Rascal, my almost 7 year old indoor only cat got out of the house. We didn't realize it for awhile, he must have snuck out when my MIL came over. Anyway, when I got ready to go to bed, I realized I hadn't seen him in a long time. Which isn't abnormal, because he likes to hide from the dogs. He wasn't in any of his "usual" hiding places. So, I went and looked outside, and spotted him in the front of the house.
Now, this cat has NEVER had his neat little paws outside for more than 2-3 minutes, since he came from the shelter. AND he's a big ole chicken. Well, he saw me and ran. I went and got my hubby, and we a bath towel. (have you ever picked up a cat who didn't want to be picked up? CAN YOU SAY OW!)
He was under our front shurbs (not the hollys. thank the Lord, those suckers hurt). So we tried to pick him up and he went WILD! I would have sworn his claws were razors. So we let him be for a minute. I went and put the dogs up in the office so they wouldn't be out and about, and propped open the front door, thinking we could kind of shoo him in the door without loss of limb.
Wrong-o. HE wanted NO part of moving from under the shrubs. Anytime one of us moved, he would get all tasmanian devil again. So, I thought, well, he really likes my mom, maybe she can calm him down. I went in and got her, and she came out and sat down next to the shrubs. Everytime she tried to talk to him, tasmainian devil again.
Meanwhile, its now 1030ish. Hubby says, alright, this is enough. I'm going to throw the towel on him, grab him and run. Stay out of the way. Alrighty darlin' if you are willing to lose limbs over the stubborn cat, go for it! He grabs the cat, and it sounded like Rascal had to be fighting to the death. It sounded HORRIBLE! My mom started yelling don't hurt him! I was yelling, he's not, the cat is just MAD! All I could see was blue towel, claws and teeth! Hubby goes, everyone SHUT UP!! And ran in the house, tossed the cat towel and all in my moms room and closed the door.
I realized at this point, that Rascal didn't want to come out from under the shrubs because he was sitting on a GREAT big ole toad. Poor toad. He looked scared to death. At this point, I started laughing so much I was nearly in tears. Hubby came back out and apologized for yelling, but said the we were breaking his concentration, and his arms were hurting from the 20 claws and the mouth full of teeth!
Needless to say, it was about 11 before Rascal calmed down enough to not sound like the Tasmanian Devil when someone opened the bedroom door. At least no cops showed up!
Peace in the midst of Pain: my miscarriage story
11 years ago
1 comment:
But did the toad survive?
Post a Comment