Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The morning after...

So the election didn't go my way. America spoke, and she'll get what she asked for, good or bad.

There were several state initiatives, particularly on abortion & family, I'm sad didn't pass.

But, instead of being negative, here is what I think.

1) God is in control. He's sovereign, and through my prayers the last few days, he's let me know, "I've got this". Good with me. I'll go with that, and be at peace.

O Lord, You reign over the nations and You rule in righteousness from Your holy throne. --Psalm 47:8

2)Christ-followers can not give up. I believe we are called to prayer, to pray fervently for our nation over the next few days, weeks and years. I think we've always been called to pray, but I think the impetus is high now. I think we need to pray that President Elect Obama is kept safe. I think we need to pray that President Elect Obama surrounds himself with advisers that are more center-left than left. I think we pray that the cabinet, and staff are godly people that realize the far left agenda is not what the country wants, or needs.

3)God answered one of my prayers, that there wouldn't not be a "super majority of 60" in the Senate. That's good. Judge appointees can not go extreme left without bogging down the Senate. Good. The supreme court and the federal courts of appeal will have many appointees in the next administration. Judges should be non partisan, and in my opinion, more central than either right or left, and strict constitutionalists. I will be praying for those kinds of men and women to find favor with the next president & legislature, for all levels of federal court. I will be praying that the minority, the center right and right, vote their beliefs and values, and not compromise just to make "progress".

Proverbs 12:22 The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful.

4) I need to continue praying for women who think the only way out of their situation is to kill an innocent child. Pray that God gets to them, either directly or through a caring person. That these sweet scared women and girls don't listen to the great deceiver.

5) I will pray for families, that they are godly homes, raising children to respect and fear the Lord, and that a revival sweeps the nation. The only way to "fix" this country is to turn back to God. No one president, no one legislature, and not even a change in judges will "fix" us.

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

And todays bible verse of the day: Romans 13:1
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

No comments: