I realized reading over my blog (and tearing up at some of the stories I wrote in the past) that I have never blogged about Precepts. And since the steroids ability to keep me awake has overcome the antihistamines ability to put me to sleep...well, you get a 2 for 1 special tonight.
Precepts is something I am SO glad God brought me to. Over a year ago, I was in a leadership program at work and got to know a great young woman I knew already, but better. She invited me to a bible study she thought I would like. Turns out it is literally in my neighborhood. like one block away. seriously, can God get any cooler??!
So even though this introvert HATES new things like that, I figured I could do if she was there. Besides, I missed my ladies group that had stopped meeting, and with mom settled in to the nursing home I had a little more free time.
I walked into a study on Romans, done by Precepts Ministries. Seriously, if you have never studied the bible this way, give it a try. Its simply amazing way to study. I. LOVE. IT.
Now, so far in the last year a couple of months, we've only done New Inductive Studies. The first study I did was Romans. I have been in church most of my life, and thought I knew Romans. I didnt know Romans. I learned SO much from this method. I was hooked. I havent looked back.
We are currently in John, which has also blown me away. We are about to wrap it up and are moving to a full Precept on Precept Study on 1 John, which I am looking forward to, even if I am a wee bit intimidated.
Through this group have I not only discovered an amazing way to study the Bible, I have made some awesome friends - godly women who pray for me, live life with me, and I can be open with. If you've really gotten to know me you'll know I have a terrible phobia of praying out loud. Its really awful. Its tied to the church a grew up in, being discouraged in public by women. I have tried several times and been helped by different people to try to get over it. Sometimes I will fill the Spirit telling me to pray out loud but most times I apologize to him and don't.
It took over a year - but I did it. I know these women pray for me when I ask, and care about my crazy life. they are all focused on Jesus, and want to get to know him. It is so amazing.
Anyway here is the link a link to precepts ministries, check it out. I HIGHLY recommend it. You wont regret it.
Peace in the midst of Pain: my miscarriage story
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment