Since the kids had spring break this week, Darlin and I took off work today to spend the day with them. We had promised we'd take them to the zoo this week to see the penguins....Happy Feet is a hit in this house. While reading the paper this morning I noticed Home Depot had annuals on sale 3 for a dollar...and since I was already off work...jumped up and ran up there, because I knew they'd get picked over FAST! Picked up $10 worth & discovered they had two plants per pot. So 60 plants for $10...what a deal! During this excursion, I found more evidence that the Honda Odysesy was designed by women. Or at least in the focus group. The cargo area in the back is exactly one flat of flowers wide (add this to the fact that there are a zillion cubby holes & pockets, and literally 15 drink holders...women were involved!).
Loaded up the fam with a picnic and went to the zoo. It was covered up! I was so glad to see it. You hear a lot of bad things about the zoo..."its in a bad area", "its crappy". Sure, its not in the best area of town, but zoos never are (hello, St Louis zoo?? - which is awesome by the way), and its come a LONG way. The penguin exhibit was small, only 3 penguins, but we go to see them feed and the girls LOVED it. Of course, having two biologist/nerd parents doesn't hurt either.
Punkin checking how which penguin she is:
Princess checking out her penguin-ness
And even daddy...
Princesses favorites were the penguins. Punkin said her favorite was the penguin, the elephant, the monkey and the chimpanzee . We also so the white peacock show off his feathers.
Then we had our picnic, and went to the park to play. After all of that...we got home and cleaned out the flower bed, added some new top soil, planted our 60 plants and mulched. So we are all TIRED! But it was a blast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment