Last night in my FP4H bible study I was challenged to journal for three days things I am thankful for, and then review it. Since I dont "journal" so much as blog, I figured Id better do it here. Plus I can read my type, when I go back to read my handwritting even I cant figure it out. I'm gonna do three straight days here, so I can find it all in one post. So often we get down in the "whoa is mes" and forget the big picture.
Today is July 6th, 2012 - in no particular order
1) I'm thankful for a dad and stepmom who love my kids, and take them home to spend time with extended family.
2) I'm thankful for an awesome husband.
3) I'm thankful that we are going to be able to get away from home for a short while - even though its short, its still away.
4) I'm thankful I found a place where my mom is safe, happy and I dont have to worry about her. They take really good care of her and I'm grateful for that.
5) I'm thankful I have a job, doing something I like-most days.
6) I'm thankful for my new bible study on Romans - the group of women that meet in that home study are just simply AH-MAY-ZING, and I'm blessed to get to know them. God has big things planned for us in that group!
7) I'm thankful for FP4H - God is using it so change my life, and my size.
8) I'm thankful for Jesus, and the redemption we have through Him, to reconcile us with God.
9) I'm thankful to God the father - he has carried me through so much in the last 6 months, when I stop and think about it blows me away.
10) I'm thankful for the Spirit, gently (and sometimes not so gently) showing me the way I should go.
11) I'm thankful for my friends, who correct, and teach with love. Each one of my friends has a special place in my heart and along this journey known as life. There are two I could call out by name, but I wont but they should know who they are, one who has been there through the dark times and always willing to help me, even when it made her uncomfortable, and the other a newer friend who always tells me the truth - even when it makes me uncomfortable. I'm blessed beyond measure with friends who cover us in prayer and lift us up, encourage me along the way and God placed.
12)I'm thankful for flowers, trees, breezes, fluffy clouds, sunshine, rain, moon - everything in nature that is so breathtakingly beautiful I cant see how one can look at it and NOT see God the Creator.
13) I'm thankful for both of my children, my precious daugthers. The house is too quiet with the gone. I love their laughter, their silliness, their sweetness, and even their sibling disagreements. I'm thankful they are learning to follow Jesus.
July 7 2012
1) I'm thankful for lazy Saturday mornings, even if the house is too quiet with the kids gone.
2) I'm thankful for air conditioning.
3) I'm thankful for my dogs - even when it feels like the world is out to get you, your dogs arent. They love regardless of if you failed that day. Esp our three, they just want to be petted.
4) I'm thankful for a washer and dryer.
5) I'm thankful for a dishwasher. (can you tell chores are on my to do list today?)
6) I'm thankful that I can always access a Bible. one of our 5 hard copies, my phone, computer- we are always within reach of God's word. Many people just WISH they could get a few pages of the Bible to have as their own, yet we are so privileged.
7) I'm thankful for our home. Its in a good, friendly (and patriotic) neighborhood. I love that. Even if it isnt a McMansion or have enough storage, its ours (well, ours plus BOA).
July 8 2012
1) I'm thankful that my mom knew what day it was today, unfortunately, I cant take her to church like she asked because we are headed out of town, but, she knew it was Sunday and got the people at the home to call me because she wanted to go to church. Thats an improvement.
2) I'm thankful for rain.
3) I'm thankful for comfortable walking shoes.
4) I'm thankful that my kids are making lifetime memories with my dad and stepmom. Apparently they are planning a trip to Chattanooga this week. :)
Peace in the midst of Pain: my miscarriage story
11 years ago
2 comments:
i'm thankful for your faithfulness to teach my caleb about Jesus each and every sunday. you are a blessing to us!!
um, this is danielle- logged in as keith :)
Post a Comment