Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bad bad leroy blogger....baddest blogger...in the..

yeah yeah  I know. My reminted therapeutic zoo blog has had no posts in ages.  yeah yeah I know.

Sorry.   I'm a bad blogger.  HA. Terrible I say.  So sue me.  No, please don't.  That was sarcasm.

So its been nuts at the Alley Zoo (faithful readers would say - when is it not?).  We got to go home for the holidays (yeah!) and see my family in Alabama.  Mom was "well" enough to travel and visit her sister. I think it was good for her.  We loaded up the house - me, hubby, two kids, mom and three dogs, and packed it up to Alabama. Boy.  That was something.  We looked like a clown car unloading when we got there.  If you remember, one of my dogs is a 90 lb chicken.  the other two are <20 lb divas.

We had a good time, and even let Toby off leash to run in the pasture one day, but he is such a city dog he only made it about 15 mins and 5 round before he had to lay down.  The divas, well they were not happy they had to sleep in a SHED OF ALL THINGS - what happened to the warm beds people??! But they survived, and forgave us pretty quickly.

Since the holidays, crazy at work as picked up, crazy at home as picked up, and in the middle of it all, some one I was suckered    sweet talked rooked into being a girl scout troop leader. When they are suckering talking you into being a leader, they are not forthcoming about how much work is involved. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment.  So cookie season is upon us.  Like I needed ONE MORE THING. HA.  Oh and soccer is back for the youngest, and the oldest is auditioning for the spring church play. Hehehe... anyone wanna book a suite with me at the state hospital?  I'm going for a fully padded room, with its own bathroom.

Soon I will have to change the title of this blog to "Train to Crazy Town" or something like that.

So, where is Val in that?  I still paint once a month, and most of the time I have at least one of my crazy girl friends with me.  Its nice, to get away and start and finish a project in one night.  That doesnt happen anywhere else in my life.

I started a new Bible study at church, with some ladies and even though I was late (and those who know me, know I am NEVER late) God saved me a seat at the perfect table.  I have missed my ladies from church bible study.  We are doing a study of the Bible Chronologically - which I am really excited about, because while I have known the stories since I was about two, I dont think I have ever focused on chronological.  Like did you know Job was during the Patriarch period?  I had no idea! I thought he was alive around the judges. Who'd a thunk.  And I know Rahab, Ruth, Jessie and David, but I never "caught" the thread of their lives.  I love the people and places from the Bible - they are so applicable today. "Chance" and "circumstance" all part of a thread God had in place ever since Adam and Eve strayed.  He's so amazing, and I love it more every day.   I was going to do a Beth Moore study with another group, but this one meets on Wed night, during kids choir time, so thats PERFECT! And of course my TABLE! And my awesome table leader. :) Just goes to show God is in the details...

I'm so proud of my friend Ashley, who was a speaker at the Pro Life March in DC this week. Ashley is also my table leader for my bible study, which totally rocks.  She has such a heart for God and sweet spirit.  Love you girl.  






No comments: