It was nice and warm the other day, so we had heat off and windows open. Crazy for December, I know, but just have to roll with MS winters!
Anyway, the windows had been open all day, with no escape attempts. After the kids went to bed, I noticed I hadn't seen Rascal (7 year old bobtail) in awhile. Our cats don't go outside, never have. I'm a firm believer in trying to protect the songbirds, plus, there are enough wild cats out there, our spoiled cats would get beat up!
Looked around outside and didnt see him. Noticed the bathroom screen was pushed out, so confirmed the escape. Finally spotted him between our house and the neighbors, but when I called for spouse to let him know I found him, he ran. And jumped in the MIDDLE of our big nasty holly bush (I know all of Gods creation is beautiful, but sometimes I wonder about holly bushes. Seriously...ours could maim someone!) Spouse tries to spot him, in the bush, in the dark, but everytime one of us moves, he lets out this horrible spitting and caterwauling...
I told spouse, probably should leave him be, or risk losing life, limb or eye. So we give up after a few minutes and go in. I knew a cold front was coming, and figured he'd be one upset cat come morning.
Well, about 5 am, the cold winds were here, and the temp had fallen...when we heard a certain cat meowing outside. Then he started scratching on the window!! Seriously! Spouse got up to open the window and he ran. So, spouse went to the back door, turned on the patio light, and opened the door, when one really mad, cold but glad to see the open door cat launched through and right into him.
Yeah, he's been contrite the last couple of days...
Maybe he learned a lesson!
Peace in the midst of Pain: my miscarriage story
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment